Game and Type
Date and Time
Andbox VALORANT Open Rules
Player Registration & Eligibility
This is an open tournament and anyone is allowed to participate. Sign ups end May 21st at 11:59PM ET.
Players may not play on multiple teams. Rosters lock once first round starts. Subs must be communicated to admins prior to event time.
Restricted to U.S. residents only.
16 Teams Max | Single Elimination | Bo1 until Bo3 Finals
Check-In 4PM ET / 1PM PT
Round 1 5PM ET / 2PM PT
Round 2 6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT
Round 3 7PM ET / 4PM PT
Finals 8PM ET / 5PM PT
Check In for Gameday
Teams will be accountable for checking in on time and be ready for their match. Check-in begins 1 hour before the first game . Players are expected to warm-up before matches begin. Teams who do not have their team checked-in within 15 minutes, and ready to play within 20 minutes at the designated start time will be dropped from the tournament. Please ping an admin in order to get approved.
Each lobby must save these settings for their respective mode:
- Custom Game
No other spectators are allowed in lobby unless both sides agree upon it or it is being streamed by a verified user (established by admins).
Host of lobby will be decided by coinflip.
For finals, host of lobby will be decided by coinflip, and switches each map thereafter. Use tools online to do so ie. http://cointossr.com/
The higher seeded team will pick map. The lower seeded team will pick side.
For finals: Team A is higher seeded team (Lower your number the higher your seed).
• Game 1: Team A picks map, Team B picks side
• Game 2: Team B picks map (cannot repeat Game 1 map), Team A picks side
• Game 3: Remaining Map is played; the sides on the last map are determined by the winner of a knife round*.
*A knife round is a single round where players can not buy/use any weapons or abilities other than their knife. Teams will fight until one team loses all of their players or a bomb has gone off. In the event that the timer expires before either of these win scenarios occur, the team with the most players still alive will win the round. To set up knife round, follow the steps below:
- Players load into the lobby and launch the third Map (just as they normally would)
- Players are prohibited to purchase any equipment, or use any abilities (except for their knife).
- Teams fight in the first round using only their knife until 1 team is victorious (Win condition: eliminating entire opposing team, or if time expires, the team with the most players still alive)
- All players leave the game using the upper left hand corner menu selection option.
- Players rejoin the lobby and the knife round winner chooses side for Map 3.
Team captains are expected to be in the Andbox Discord to talk to admins and report scores. Please enter the server, go to #add-role, and hit the VALORANT icon to see the chats.
Teams are encouraged to seek club & school support in order to broadcast and stream their matches, or stream your personal POV. Streams must have delay of at least 1 minute and 30 seconds of delay.
Players are expected to hold a professional attitude in their manners, play, and interactions with other teams. The exploitation of unintended bugs is off limits. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from tournament if admins deem necessary.
Players are strictly prohibited from committing an abuse of in-game mechanics, which is defined as utilizing normal gameplay functions in an unintended manner in order to gain an unfair competitive advantage. Administration reserves the sole discretion in classifying behavior or events as an abuse of in-game mechanics.
This may include, but is not limited to:
• Gaining the ability to view the map/field of play from unintended angles, typically by clipping into environmental assets to gain “xray” vision.
• Breaking the normal boundaries of the map
• Positioning their character in unintended or insurmountable locations
• Purposefully manipulating known glitches to gain an advantage.
1. In order to contest the results of a match players must alert the administration to the issue in their match as soon as possible.
2. The burden of proof lies on the accuser, and as such the accusing team will be required to provide full and thorough video or picture evidence to support their claim.
3. Should the team fail to submit their proof in a timely manner they will lose the ability to contest the match and the tournament will proceed normally. A timely manner is defined at the sole discretion of the Administration, but may not extend to a point after the next matches for the teams involved have begun
In the event an issue arises in-game, the Administration, at its sole discretion, may classify the issue as a Major or Minor bug and take action in response.
A Major Bug can be defined as an occurrence of unintended gameplay interactions that would render the continuation of standard gameplay either impossible or to the severe competitive detriment of one or both teams. The Administration, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to make a final decision on the outcome of a game in which a Major Bug has occurred.
A Minor Bug is defined as an occurrence of unintended gameplay interactions that result in what is considered, at most, an inconvenience to players and poses no hindrance to the continuation of standard gameplay at the sole discretion of the Administration. The Administration reserves the right to make a final decision on the outcome of a game in which a Minor Bug has occurred.
Announcements, questions, results, and everything in between will all be communicated to Tournament Admins via Discord. Tournament Admins are responsible for:
- Issuing ruling
- Communicating with players
- Confirming match results and end of match
This competition is not affiliated with or sponsored by Riot Games, Inc. or VALORANT Esports.
1st Place: $250
Andbox Bounty $50: Players are encouraged to stream and post highlights of the best play they’ve made during the tournament. The player who made the best play in the clips submitted will receive $50 (Winner selected by Andbox Staff). In order to enter, use the three ASSETS (linked) as a slideshow overlay, post on either Twitter or Instagram as a post, and tag @andbox_official using #AndboxBounty.